A Saturday Habit

Just this Saturday, May 22, 2010, I had the rare chance to be with the Boracay Yuppies on their beach clean up drive. Joining them was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It was such a beautiful experience that I can't really help but smile every time I think of it. Helping them up in their humble effort to heal Boracay White Beach is a wonderful thing, but having to learn how much they care for the island is nothing but amazing.


Apparently, they have been doing this for a couple of months now, and so far, several groups have
already joined them in this Saturday morning habit -- and I am quiet proud to say, that my friends from the PhilBikers Boracay Chapter (Islanders) are among them.

Their goal is very simple: increase the awareness of waste reduction among the young people of Boracay, and avoid the littering of unwanted things in the front beach, especially cigarette butts.

I may not be able to join them every Saturday, but my heart is with them. I do hope that more people would notice what they are doing and eventually, get involved.

To Boracay Yuppies, you are doing such a good job. Two thumbs up for you guys! And to PhilBikers Boracay -- Ahoo! Ahoo!

Click on any of the logos above for more photos on last Saturday's beach clean-up.

Share this page :
 
Copyright © 2014-2015. Boracay Directory | Boracay Hotel and Business Listings - All Rights Reserved.
Website Powered by Blogger. Contact Web Admin.